The HARD™ Life Raft System is designed to provide total protection of the onboard life raft.
The concept was initially designed for the US Special Forces 160th SOAR(A) on board MH-47 Chinhook helicopter, however the HARD™ Life Raft System can be easily modified for other aircraft applications.
- Rugged Canister
- Environmentally Packed
- Survival Kit
- Single-Point Release
ENVIRONMENTAL PACKING ADVANTAGES:
- Reduced Bulk
- Reduced maintenance frequency
- Improved Storage
- Long Term Storage
- Replacement Cost Savings
Existing Milspec life raft configurations are ineffective for many reasons
- Cumbersome to install
- Present hazard to aircrew in event of crash if not secured to bulkhead correctly
- Aircrew typically secure life rafts using bungee to shock cords preventing quick easy access in the event of emergency
- Soft valise easily damaged
- Soft valise not set up for air-drop rescue purposes
- Capable of deployment by one person via single-point release
- Easily transported by 1 or 2 persons
- Life Raft is protected from exposure to foreign matter, abrasions & punctures
- Life Raft environmentally packaged to decrease maintenance cycles & costs
- Reduced volume
- Life Raft can be removed/installed in aircraft without the use of special tools by one person
- Life Raft canister clearly marked for proper ID & operation of the raft for manual deployment
NOTE: Air dropping of the life raft only applies if the life raft is being carried as piece of Rescue Equipment. It does not apply (and may not be dropped survivors) if the life raft is being carried on the aircraft iaw - FAA.CAA/JAA or NATOPS regulations as a required of emergency equipment.
- Overload Capacity: 9 Person
- Dimensions: 28-¾" x 18-¼" x 9-¾"
- Weight: 61 lbs
- Rugged Canister, Integrated Single-Point Release
- Manual Inflation with Survival Kit IAW MPLR
- Specification MIL-18494F(AS)