The HARD Life Raft System is designed to provide total protection of the on-board life raft. The concept was originally designed for the US Special Forces 160th SOAR(A) on board UH-60 and/or CH-47 Chinook Helicopter, however the HARD™ Life Raft System can be easily modified for other aircraft applications.
The HARD Life Raft System is a series of life raft configurations that feature a rugged canister, environmentally packaged life raft, integrated single-point release mechanism and optional survival kit. HARD-8 Life raft system is capable of deployment by one (1) person and can easily be transported by 1 or 2 persons. The raft is environmentally packaged which: reduced bulk and maintenance frequency, improves storage, saves on replacement costs and protects the life raft from exposure to abrasions, foreign matter and punctures.
- FLO-4380-HD: HARD-8(S) (includes Survival Kit) -ref: GSA Schedule: GS-07F-0359U
- FLO-4381-HD: HARD-8 (without Survival kit) - open market Item
- Rugged Molded Kydex Canister
- 8 Man Life Raft - Inflatable Multi-Place Life Raft (MPLR) Series designed and developed to comply with MIL-PRF-1894F(AS). Provide out of water support for person forced to abandon aircraft at sea.
- Manual Inflation- Located on the end of the raft is a Manual Inflation Handle, permitting direct inflation of the Life Raft. A safety strap enclosure pocket prevents inadvertent inflation.
- Environmentally packaged Life Raft
- Single-point Quick Release Harness
NOTE: Air dropping of the life raft only applies if the life raft is being carried as piece of Rescue Equipment. It does not apply (and may not be dropped survivors) if the life raft is being carried on the aircraft iaw - FAA.CAA/JAA or NATOPS regulations as a required of emergency equipment.
- Life raft, 8 Man (MPLR) Life Raft (Bare Raft Part No. 908001-1) / Overload Capacity: 12 Persons
- Overall outside dimension: 28-¼" L x 9-½" W x 18-¾" H
- Capable of deployment by one-person via single point release.
- Weight: ±60 lbs (without survival kit) / ±80 lbs (with Survival Kit)
- Easily transported by 1 or 2 persons.
- Life Raft is protected from exposure to foreign matter, abrasions & punctures.
- Overall packed volume significantly reduced
- Life Raft Environmentally Packaged to decrease Maintenance cycles & maintenance costs.
- Life Raft can be removed/installed in Aircraft without the use of special tools, by one person.
- Life Raft suspension system will withstand a 30-G load force on all axis: Vertical, Horizontal & Lateral.
- Life Raft will store in multiple locations without degrading performance of aircraft operation or completion of mission requirements.
- Installation on Aircraft will not adversely affect Weight & Balance.
- Life Raft Canister clearly marked for proper identification.
- Life Raft Canister finished to maximize or minimize visibility as required.
- Life Raft Canister markings clearly identify how to operate the raft for manual deployment.
- Colors: Orange for High Visibilty or Black for Special Operations.