The HARD-8 Life Raft System is designed to provide maximum protection of the on-board life raft. The system is attached to the aircraft with a bulkhead harness with a single-point release system, enabling deployment by one person. Activation of the system is accomplished via static line mounted to the airframe or manually by a survivor in the water.
NOTE: Air dropping of the life raft only applies if the life raft is being carried as piece of Rescue Equipment. It does not apply (and may not be dropped survivors) if the life raft is being carried on the aircraft iaw - FAA.CAA/JAA or NATOPS regulations as a required of emergency equipment.
- Life raft, 8 Man (MPLR) life raft (overload capacity: 12 persons)
- Capable of deployment by one-person via single point release.
- Easily transported by 1 or 2 persons.
- Life Raft is protected from exposure to foreign matter, abrasions & punctures.
- Overall packed volume significantly reduced
- Life Raft is environmentally packaged to decrease maintenance cycles & maintenance costs.
- Life Raft can be removed and installed in the aircraft without the use of special tools, by one person.