The compact Rescue Basket has been selected as standard equipment aboard all US Coast Guard rescue helicopters. It is also in service with the US Air Force, US Navy and foreign governments. The Rescue Basket is constructed almost entirely of welded type 304 stainless steel, making it virtually maintenance free. The bail assembly folds into the basket for compact stowage. The structural integrity of the bail is provided by ¼" stainless steel cable acting as the hinge point. The cable routing through the tubing makes for a virtually fail-proof design. The bottom is enclosed with a plastic, semi-rigid net liner with 1" openings. The Rescue Basket possesses excellent flotation characteristics and is positively self-righting with 100% reserve buoyancy. The float covers are constructed of 1050 denier nylon ballistic cloth with a marine urethane coating. Each cover is printed with safety pictorials and has high intensity retroreflective markings.
- Dimensions: 44 1/2" x 25" x 41"
- Weight: 39 lbs
- Inspections: Every 30 days and visual prior tp each use
- Cleaning: Fresh water rinse with mild detergent after each use
- Working Load Limit (WLL): 600 lbs
- Material, Flotation: Ethafoam cylinders (closed-cell foam, marine grade) with intl orange 1050 denier ballistics nylon covers. 3M SOLAS-grade reflective markings
- Material, Liner: Semi-rigid plastic net
- Material, Frame/Balls: 5/8" & 3/8" OD x 0.065" wall Type 304 stainless steel tubing members with 1/8" & 3/16" thick flat-stock members. TIG welded. Electro-polish or power coat finish.
- Material, Main Cable: 1/4" diameter 7x19 Type 316 stainless steel wire rope (minimum breaking load 4,900 lbs)
Videos & Training
Training Day Water Work
Free entry followed by CABA gear pickup with the Billy Pugh Rescue Net and subsequent pickup on the SAR Techs