Manufactured By: Lifesaving Systems Corporation
The Medevac IIA series of litters are the most widely used helicopter rescue litters in the world. Currently in use with all branches of the U.S. Military, the Japanese Self Defense Force, Canadian rescue organizations, Royal Australian Army, and are standard equipment aboard all U.S. Coast Guard helicopters and rescue boats. The Medevac IIA series are modern Stokes-type litters constructed with the marine environment in mind. The Medevac IIA is a 2-Piece, break-apart litter. When stowed, the Medevac IIA occupies virtually half the space of the rigid Medevac II or other MIL-SPEC litters.
The Medevac IIA litters are constructed of 304 stainless steel and then powder coated a light gray for a long lasting finish. Now also available in titanium, providing a significantly reduced frame weight (approximately 40% lighter).
The tubing used for the frame of these litters is 30% thicker than that used on MIL-SPEC litters. Included are 5 color-coded patient restraint straps with double locking Quick Release Safety Buckles. The troublesome wood rack used on the MIL-SPEC type Stokes litter has been replaced with stainless steel slats that run the full length of the litter. A smooth, plastic netting (with ½" openings) is used in place of the chicken wire liner. Optional flotation kits are available for each litter.
Couplers lock both the top tubes and the bottom skid tubes firmly together. Both sets of couplers are cast or machined from solid stainless steel. The top tube couplers are screw-type with self-aligning pins, while the bottom skid tubes are attached with hook and pin-type couplers This coupler system is the strongest in use on any stretcher today. When assembled, the Medevac IIA is as robust as the rigid Medevac II (having been proof loaded to 2,600 lbs. with no yield).
Approved for U.S. Military and NATO use.
Corrosion Resistant (designed for marine environment)
Exceeds 2,500 lb. Load Test requirements for MIL-SPEC stretchers
Hoistable (With optional Hoisting Slings)
Stainless Steel or lightweight Titanium Tubular Construction
Note: Optional Flotation Kits depicted on product imagery.
NSN: 6530-01-483-1934 (stainless RS-406-F)
Stainless steel litter at 34 lbs (45 lbs with flotation)
Titanium Litter at 22 lbs (33 lbs with flotation)
Dims: 24" W x 7" (10" stowed) D x 84" (43" stowed) L
- RS-406: Medevac IIA Litter, Stainless Steel, 24 x 84" (43" stowed)
- RS-406-F: Medevac IIA Litter, Stainless Steel, 24 x 84" (43" stowed), w/ Flotation Kit
- RS-406-TI: Medevac IIA Litter, Titanium, 24 x 84" (43" stowed)
- RS-406-TI-F: Medevac IIA Litter, Titanium, 24 x 84" (43" stowed), w/ Flotation Kit
- RS-406-D: Medevac IIA Litter, Stainless Steel, 24 x 78" (40" stowed)
- RS-406-D-F: Medevac IIA Litter, Stainless Steel, 24 x 78" (40" stowed), w/ Flotation Kit
- RS-406-D-TI: Medevac IIA Litter, Titanium, 24 x 78" (40" Stowed)
- RS-406-D-TI-F: Medevac II Litter, Titanium, (40" stowed), w/ Flotation Kit